For the month of October I am participating in a 31 day event where bloggers post each day on different topics. I chose the topic of teaching kids about money and finances.
There are many resources to use to teach kids about money and saving. Following are ten that I would recommend.
1) Money Savvy Bank is a bank with 4 separate chambers for Save, Spend, Donate and Invest. The pigs come in a variety of colors or also shaped as a football.
2) Financial Peace Junior is a program to teach the importance of saving. It is recommended for ages 3-12.
3) Moonjar is another system consisting of three boxes that fit together. (Save, Spend and Share)
4) Here is a Pinterest board I put together with various resources.
5) It’s a Habit has resources such as books, workbooks, music CDs and a saving bank
6) The Money Mammals has books, CDs, DVDs and a savings bank.
7) Practical Money Skills has games such as Financial Football, Financial Soccer and others.
8) Kids and Money Calendar is a page-a-day calendar I made with resources and websites to teach kids about money.
9) The Practical Money Skills website also has an Avengers Comic Book that teaching about finances.
10) Prosperity 4 Kids has books, allowance charts and more to teach kids about saving.
Click here for my previous posts.