One of my goals for the next month is to post each day of July about a List of 10 dealing with a personal finance or money saving idea topic.
Entertainment doesn’t always need to cost a lot of money. Following are some ideas of free and low cost activities. Many are related to the Fargo/Moorhead area, but it will give you ideas to explore in your area also.
1) Public libraries offer more than just books. Many have CDs, DVDs, ebooks and many other things to offer. Many also host movie nights, children’s programs, teen programs and other events.
3) The MSUM Planetarium in Moorhead provides a fun learning experience.
4) Sporting activities such as Red Hawk games, hockey games, etc. Sometimes they run specials on pricing.
5) Area Park Districts offer a variety of events including free activities and also youth and adult programs you can sign up for.
6) Local attractions such as museums, zoos and The Children’s Museum at Yunker Farm.
7) Visit your area swimming pools.
8) Area fairs and festivals. Many areas have a variety of community events especially during the summer. With today being the 4th of July there are mnay activities planned for today and over the weekend.
9) Explore different parks and playgrounds in your area.
10) Go to the movies, some theaters offer special rates at certain times.
Click here for previous posts.