Today is July 31 and I have completed my goal of writing a post each day of the month with financial or money saving tips. I hope you have found the tips helpful.
Today I am sharing 10 life skills teens should learn before they leave home.
1) Paying bills – know to check statements for errors, pay attention to due dates so they are not charged late fees. Now with auto banking it may be easier to pay bills but you need to make sure you have enough in your bank account to cover them.
2) Budgeting – It is important to know how much income you have coming and how much you need for expenses.
3) Scheduling – As it is important to budget your money, it’s also important to manage your time.
4) Meal planning – If you have something planned it may be less tempting to stop for takeout.
5) Grocery shopping –
6) Cooking – With the convenience of dining out I believe cooking is becoming a lost art. But when you consider the cost of dining out you can save a lot of money by cooking at home. Many grocery stores have items available that are partially ready to make meal preparation easier (i.e. rotisserie chicken).
7) Laundry –
8) Car Care
9) Computer skills
Click here for previous posts.